Jeff Preston is currently an Associate Professor in Disability Studies at King’s University College at Western University.
Some recent publications…
- Preston, Jeffrey. The Fantasy of Disability. (Routledge) 2016.
- Haller, Beth and Jeffrey Preston. “Confirming Normalcy: ‘Inspiration Porn’ and the Construction of the Disabled Subject” in Disability and Social Media. Eds. Kate Ellis, Mike Kent. (Ashgate Publishers) 2016.
- Preston, Jeffrey. “Battle Lines Drawn: Creative resistance to ableism through online media” in Canadian Disability Activism Beyond the Charter: Locating cultural and artistic interventions. Eds. Christine Kelly, Michael Orsini. (University of British Columbia Press) 2016.
- Preston, Jeffrey. “Why Organizations Need to be Proactive on Accessibility” in Public Sector Digest. Nov 1. Web.
Courses Developed and Taught at King’s University College, Western University and Fanshawe College
- DS3311: Changing Contexts and Practices
- DS2216B: Disability, Media and Madness
- DS2211B: Disability Art, Sport and Leisure
- DS1010: Exploring Disability
- MIT3652G: Communication Through Meme: Cool Story, Bro
- MIT3435F: Disability in Popular Culture: Heroes, Villains, and Burdens
- MKTG7009: Managing Customer Relationships
- MKTG7002: Marketing II
- MKTG6015: Non-Profit & Event Marketing
- MGMT5022: Not For Profit Marketing
- MKTG3033: Advertising Mediums
- MKTG1028: Secondary Market Research